【Netscape Navigator™】
.:: LINKS ::.
.:: ARTICLES ::.


Contact me on Tilde.Chat to exchange banners!

Random Tilde Box Join the Tildeverse Webring

SSB Log Entry 599

one of those pens that does OCR using a sliding pane of glass

I am pretty sure I am dyslexic, but never bothered to get it checked out. I use a screen reader to help me read a lot because sometimes I "think" I see a word a certain way and it's actually not the correct word. Paper books (or, oh my god, PDFs on Linux) are really hard to read still.

I've seen OCR scanners like the one in the picture. I'd like to buy one, but they're very expensive. Maybe I could make a DIY one? Does anyone know how these things work?