Pasta aglio e olio
- Serves: 2-4
- 1 pound spaghetti (225 g or 16 oz)
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (4 tbsp)
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Black Pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
2. In the meantime, add the garlic and oil to a skillet and cook over medium heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
3. Drain the pasta and place it back to the pot, add the oil mixture and the parsley and pepper. Toss until the pasta is evenly coated. Add more oil or some cooking water if the pasta is too dry for you.
5. Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
This was quite good, edited the recipe to add black pepper. Making half is good for me.
Source: Serious Eats (I think)