Toasted Tofu Scramble Tortilla
- Serves 2-3
- 1 block of plain tofu (firm or semi firm) (200g-250g)
- 1 spring onion
- salt to taste
- optional 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- optional 1/2 tsp kala namak
- 1 tbsp plain vegan yogurt (or sub with plain hummus) (for scramble)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 2 1/2 tbsp plain vegan yogurt or 1/4 cup non dairy milk (60ml) (while cooking)
- a squeeze of lemon juice if needed
1. Break apart block of tofu into a large bowl.
2. Add onion, salt, yoghurt, tumeric, pepper, paprika
3. Bring a pan with some oil to medium high. Add tofu. Let fry for 5-6 minutes.
4. Turn pan down to medium and add the rest of the yoghurt, then cook for another 3-5 minutes..
5. Add some lemon juice, taste-test and adjust seasoning.
6. Remove the tofu from the pan place a tortilla in the pan. Spread lightly with hummus.
7. Add the tofu along with spinitch. Let toast up on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
8. Fold over and press tightly using a spatula, especially around the edges.
9. Let toast for another 1-2 minutes.
Was OK, not worth the extra work over just any other wrap.
Source: Mina Rome (Youtube)