- 1 lb (0.45kg) Whole Cashews
- 2/3 tsp (10/15 ml) oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Add cashews to large baking tray (lined or not).
2. Spread the cashews in an even layer in the baking tray.
3. Drizzle 1/2 tsp of oil over the cashews and toss to evenly coat.
4. Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and stir.
6. Keep returning the cashews to the oven and stir in 3-5 minute intervals.
7. When the nuts smell strong and look dark, remove them from the oven.
8. Add extra oil and salt to taste, and toss.
9. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
Very good with salt and pepper. Other seasonings are worth trying.