- 190 g vegan graham cracker or digestive biscuit crumbs
- 60 g vegan butter (melted // such as Earth Balance)
- 120 g raw cashews (soaked for 4-6 hours or overnight, then drained)
- 180 ml light or full-fat coconut milk (well shaken)
- 60 ml coconut oil (melted)
- 3-4 large limes, juiced (3-4 limes yield ~1/2 cup juice)
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 80-120 ml agave nectar/maple syrup (depending on preferred sweetness)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
Add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you achieve a fine meal. Then add melted butter and pulse to combine.
Distribute evenly among muffin tins and press down with a glass or spoon to flatten. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend on high (or liquefy) until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime zest/juice for more tart, or more agave for added sweetness.
Pour filling into muffin tins and tap on counter to release air bubbles. Top with a bit more lime zest and loosely cover.
Freeze for 2-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer for 10-15 minutes to thaw before serving. Will keep covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, though best when fresh.
These are very, very good. Too good, in fact. Difficult to stop eating. I made them with digestives because you can’t get graham crackers in the UK.