Serves 4 (as a starter soup), 2 (as a main)
- 125g onion, chopped
- 225g mushrooms, sliced
- oil for cooking
- 25g plain flour
- 300ml nondairy milk of your choice
- 450ml vegetable stock
- mixed herbs to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the onion and mushrooms in a pan until soft.
- stir in the flour to form a paste, gradually add the milk and stock.
- stir in the herbs, salt, and better, and cook for 10-ish minutes
- blend and cook for a further 5 minutes
this is a meh mushroom soup. I adapted it from a microwave recipe. It’s certainly better than the canned stuff, but it’s also very easy. For me this is a convenience recipe for sure.