- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 450g tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 225g green beans, trimmed
- 450g peas in pods
- 450g arborio rice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300ml dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 900ml veg stock
- salt and peppr
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Fry the onion and garlic until soft and golden. Add the peppers and fry for 4-5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, beans, and peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- add the rice and paprika and stir well. Pour in the white wine and bring to the boil. Mix the saffron with the boiling stock and pour into the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and place in the bottom of a preheated (180C) oven for 30-40 minutes, until rice is tender and has absorbed all the stock. Season to taste and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You can make this with any veg - the ones in the recipe are more like an example.