- 1tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 carrot
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4 head green cabbage (or other veg)
- a pinch of salt
- 100g red lentils
- 350ml vegetable stock
- Heat a pot at medium heat, then coat bottom with olive oil. Add onion, sautée for 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper, cumin seeds and turmeric.
- Add carrot, potatoes and cabbage. Mix well, lower heat, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add water if vegetables are sticking to the bottom.
- Mix in red lentils and vegetable bouillon. Mix well, and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes. When ready, season with salt.
- Eat as is, or serve over basmati rice, flat bread, or pasta.
quick, easy, good. The original source has lots of ideas for substitutes you can make in this so be sure to check that out!