- 470ml nondairy milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 350g plain flour
- 45g sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75ml water
- 2 tbsp canola, corn, or another neutral oil, plus oil for waffle iron
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. In a measuring jug, use a fork to mix half the milk with the cornstarch until fully dissolved. Add the remaining milk and the vinegar and set aside.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center.
3. Add the milk mixture to the flour along with the water, oil, and vanilla. Mix until the batter is relatively smooth. A few lumps are OK.
4. Let the batter rest while you preheat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to cook the waffles.
These are waffles. They're just waffles, idk what else to say. They're waffles, so they're good.
Source: Veganomicon (converted to metric by me)