where to buy postcards in Singapore
I joined Postcrossing last month, and I’ve since been keeping a look-out for places that sell postcards, on this tiny island in South-east Asia.
I list a few below. Do you know of others? I hope you and I can add to each other’s knowledge! :slight_smile:
the usual suspects: souvenir shops
- somewhere in Kampong Glam (near Sultan Mosque)
- somewhere in Chinatown
- Raffles Hotel
- National Museum of Singapore
- the shop called Arch, in the shopping mall called Capitol, near City Hall MRT Station
on the art-sy side
- National Gallery of Singapore
- a pop-up bazaar called Invade, in Esplanade Theatres
- Objectifs Centre for Film and Photography
- this photographer, Christine Nagel, has been shooting various sights in Singapore, and sells her own photos as postcards.
- the (alcoholic beverages) bar called No. 5 Emerald Hill provides postcards, and mails them out to international addresses, free of charge. You can buy a drink if you feel paiseh. (Information accurate as of late 2019).
this post first appeared at the forum of Postcrossing
P.S. Update, as of 23 December 2021: I’ve just terminated my account at https://www.postcrossing.com/ as I fear that sending postcards around the world may damage the environment.